Ever wonder what makes an effective executive? I've seen executives who, when you look at their calendar, it's booked. Top to bottom, it's completely booked. But, does that make an executive... effective?
One definitive place to look is in the results. What kind of results is the executive's team producing? An effective executive has an incredible ability to focus. Focus trickles down through the organization, it leads to unified effort, efficiency, and ultimately... results.
8 Practices of Effective Executives
1. Ask, “What needs to be done?”
2. Ask, “What is right for the enterprise?”
3. Develop action plans.
4. Take responsibility for decisions.
5. Take responsibility for communicating.
6. Focus on opportunities rather than problems.
7. Run productive meetings.
8. Think and say "We," not "I".
Peter F. Drucker, Harvard Business Review